Learn where to find this template or code
‘Slow down, the music’s too loud, put your seatbelt on, watch the road, don’t even think about touching your phone, pay attention!’
The list can go on and on, right?
We all wonder if what we teach our children about driving is enough. Even if we do, will they follow through with everything we taught them? The statistics for teenage driving (and the danger it produces) are staggering in this country. Strand Security wants to make sure all of our teens in Myrtle Beach are safe while on the road.
Let’s take a look at statistics and figure out why you may choose to “track your teen and stay in the driver’s seat”
The leading cause of death for teenagers in the United States is motor vehicle crashes.
● 1 in 5 teenage drivers has an accident in their first year of driving.
● Over 74,000 young people die or are injured each year by not wearing seat belts.
● Two-thirds of teen passenger deaths are in vehicles driven by other teenagers.
● Over one-third of teen fatal crashes are speed related.
● A 16 year old is 20 times more likely to be killed in a crash than an adult.
● The risk of a crash is higher with 16-19 year olds than any other age group. Drivers ages 16-19 are 3 times more likely to be in a fatal crash than drivers over the age of 20. This is because teens are more likely to underestimate dangerous situations
● Teens that drive with other teenagers in the vehicle and the presence of male passengers increases the risky behavior (go figure!)
● Those that do not wear seatbelts. Did you know that teens have the lowest rate of seat belt use over all other age groups?
● Drivers with inexperience
● New drivers allowed to drive at night; from 2012 statistics we know that 49% of teen fatal crashes occurred between midnight and 3 AM.
So how can we prevent accidents before they happen, and make our teens safer on the roads?
Research shows that seat belts reduce serious crash-related deaths and injuries by about half.
The above information is a useful tool to help start off with a new teen driver. However, at Strand Security we like to take it one step farther with Honeywell Total Connect™. This is a tracking service we provide that will allow you to “track your teens and stay in the driver’s seat”
Honeywell Total Connect™ allows your teen to be on the go and you to know!
Connect with us, your local Honeywell Total Connect™ dealer and we’ll get your teenager on their way, safely!