Choosing the right security company
Your Family and Employees Deserve the Best!
If you are anything like us, you want the best! You want and expect the best for your family, the best for your business and the best for your employees. We get it; we own and operate a business too, right here in the Myrtle Beach area – with additional services in Maryland!
So when it comes to security, why not get the best?
You might think you know how to select the best security company, but if you are reading this article, you might not be 100% sure of it. We’d like to give you a few pointers as to what to look for in a respectable security company to secure your residence and your commercial properties.
Here are sure signs of business success.
- The security company has a website.
- The security company has knowledgeable staff that answers the phone and answers your questions.
- The security company staff takes the time to meet with you explains their plans to you and gives you the time of day!
- They work with reputable monitoring company and offer you brand name equipment.
- Your friends, colleagues or neighbors are recommending this company to you.
- You see signs around your neighborhood with the company logo on it.
- This company has invested money into marketing – they have a recognizable logo.
- Their trucks look professional, their staff wears branded shirts and they have beautiful brochures.
- This company has been in business several years – they have a proven track record.
- Staff retention rates.
- Online testimonials and reviews (check Facebook and Google).
- They have an active social media presence.
- You feel satisfied after a consultation with this company.
Here are some signs of possible business distress.
- Blatant self-promotion without solid facts.
- Sales pitches that smell and sound of desperation.
- Constant staff turnover.
- Bad online reviews.
- Minimal online presence.
- Unanswered phone calls
- Unmarked vehicles.
- This company gives you the run around (about service and/or rates).
It goes without saying that all of these pointers also apply to any other service company you are thinking of hiring. As always; if it sounds too good to be true, if someone or something makes you feel uncomfortable or if they are just too pushy… it’s probably not the right company to work with! You should feel great about this relationship and you need to trust the person who will do work in your home and/or your place of business!
When it comes to protecting those you love, those you are responsible for, don’t you want the best?
We highly recommend you do your homework before deciding on hiring a security company. If you are in the market for either a residential or a commercial security alarm system in the Myrtle Beach and Grand Strand area, consider checking out Strand Security. We’d love your business as ‘your security is our business’!