Learn where to find this template or code
If you live on the east coast, you know all about hurricanes. Myrtle Beach and South Carolina residents certainly have experience dealing with hurricanes!
You might have lived through one recently.
Are you prepared? Do you feel ready to tackle yet another Atlantic Hurricane Season? Last time a hurricane came to your state and town, did your home lose power? Did you have a generator or did you muddle through?
Today, we look at why you really need a generator if you want to stay safe during the next hurricane!
In case of a power outage, your generator can take over important tasks in your home, especially now that many of us live in Smart homes and almost everything we do runs on electricity!
Here are some of the important devices in and around your home that run on, or use, electricity!
Think about your
For those of you with small kids
For those of you who are elderly or live with the elderly
There is one other system that runs on electricity and that is your home security system!
This question seems to come up year after year; who should purchase a generator for hurricane season?
Here is our take on this!
We highly recommend you do your due diligence and check out your options to purchase a generator. We highly recommend you purchase a generator BEFORE hurricane season begins in full-force as the supply will dwindle quickly as soon as there’s a named storm in the Atlantic Ocean.
Having a generator allows you to keep your security system activated!
Here is what Chuck Bryant of Strand Security has to say:
You can prepare for extended power outages (especially in coastal areas) by doing the following;
- Connect the power circuit that powers your alarm panel to a generator.
- Make sure you have a spare battery on hand. Power outages can certainly exceed the life of an existing battery.
- Call your security company today to get your ‘back up’ alarm panel battery. Do not delay. As soon as a storm is named, these batteries, like all generators and all other hurricane supplies, will be in high demand.
- If you have to evacuate, relay this information to your security company.
- Monitor your assets from your smartphone and/or tablet while away.
Safety and security go hand-in-hand during a storm! Don’t delay, prepare your home today for hurricane season!
You should purchase a generator when you start preparing for the next hurricane season.
We recently published a beautiful hurricane guide for homeowners to help you get ready.
Download your FREE COPY today!