Security Alarm System Give Away
Strand Security Gives Back
What better season for the gift of giving? Strand Security loves Myrtle Beach, the Grand Strand and our friend in Maryland! That is why we want to give back and help keep our community safe!
We will pick the winners by your nominations.
To nominate someone that is deserving of a free security alarm system, click the nominate button!
You can nominate one person for the give away, or ten! Let us know why your person deserves a system, how you know your nominee, and how to contact you if you nominee wins.
Nominations will be accepted for residents of Maryland, as well as Horry and Georgetown Counties in SC.
Protect Yourself With Strand Security’s Give Away
“Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar plums danced in their heads,
And Mama in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap-
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.”
We all know how this favorite Christmas poem ends. But what if you arose to such a clatter and instead of our beloved Santa, it was a burglar wanting to take your gifts while breaking in with a ladder.
Crimes such as burglaries and theft rise as a result of people’s increased financial needs during the holidays. Nearly 400,000 burglaries happen in the U.S. during the months of November and December, according to the FBI. Motives related to thefts in terms of financial need may be a result of wanting to be able to provide gifts and food for their family during the holiday season.
Strand Security would like to provide you with a few key points on protecting your house during the holidays.
10 Tips For Protecting Your House At Christmas
- Display holiday gifts and valuables away from windows. Burglars are looking for gifts under the trees! Do not leave empty gift boxes on the curb for pickup.
- Keep some lights on (best to use timers or motion sensitive lights) to make it appear as if someone is home.
- Install a security system and advertise the fact that you have one.
- Install security cameras. If you are lucky, maybe you will get some footage of Santa and his reindeer.
- Leave the tv or stereo on while gone. Play your favorite Christmas classic How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
- Keep the garage door closed and locked.
- Add stoppers to the windows and deadbolt locks to the doors.
- Do not make it obvious if you are going to be traveling during the holidays. This includes not announcing your plans on social media!
- Do not allow for mail and newspapers to build up.
- Keep shrubs and trees trimmed back to prevent hiding spots.