3 Tips to Keep Your Staff and Customers Safe in the Parking Lot
Myrtle Beach Crime on Businesses
The crime rate in Myrtle Beach, the Grand Strand, Horry County and Georgetown County is high. Business owners on the Grand Strand and in the Myrtle Beach area need to stay vigilant to keep their staff and customers safe from harm.
Crime on businesses include
During some of these incidents, the safety of staff and customers was in jeopardy.
What is a business owner to do?
We have 3 tips to share with you today. Tips that will simultaneously deter criminals and will give your staff and customers peace of mind.
Parking Lot Safety 101
First, let’s go over some basic parking lot safety tips for those who park their cars.
- Do not talk on the phone while walking through a parking lot. Instead, stay alert.
- Do get out your keys before you approach your car and be ready to enter your car.
- Do not sit in your car in the parking lot. Instead, start your car and drive away.
- If the parking lot is empty when you enter it, park underneath security lights.
- If you are approached in a parking lot, immediately return to the building and ask for an escort to your car.
- Always lock your car.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Don’t park next to a large van or truck.
- If you feel unsafe, return to the building.
- If you notice loitering, report it to management.
1) Commercial Security System with Cameras Keep Staff and Customer Safe
The first and best tip we have for you to keep your staff as well as your customers safe it to hire a security company to install a complete commercial security system.
A professionally installed system will allow you to keep tabs on inventory, customers and staff as they work for you.
Having video recording of a possible crime will help speed up the stolen product recovery process. Cameras as well as security signs with a “monitored by XYZ Security Company” help to deter criminals from even approaching your business!
2) Add Security Lights in Strategic Spots in the Parking Lot
Not all security systems include lighting: we highly recommend installing security light systems in your parking lot. Some of the lights should include sensor flood lights that are activated as criminals approach the building.
Other lights should provide ample light for customers and staff to feel safe enough to walk to their car in the dark.
3) Offer Self Defense Classes for All Your Employees
Last but not least, we give you one more tip to keep your staff and customers safe in the parking lot.
Organize a self-defense class for your staff. This can be a powerful way to make your staff feel more secure, more confident and more self-assured when working late at night or alone. Self-defense classes are a great team building activity!
Don’t Wait Until it’s Too Late: Offer Staff and Customer Protection TODAY!
Many of our customers come to us as victims of crime. We are always so sorry to hear about their ordeal and their trauma. Some, not all, crime is preventable. Putting safeguards in place before a crime takes place can prevent a lot of heartache, headaches and trauma, and we aren’t even talking money yet!
Please contact us today and we’ll get your staff and customers the best protection we can offer!