The Best New Home Security Tech Gadgets of 2023
In 2023, technology is more affordable than ever!
Smarthomes, smart technology… as more and more people jump in, especially with new home construction, these types of systems have become more affordable and thus more commonplace.
Last year Strand Security installed these window shades, these types of Smarthomes systems, and several smarthome home theater technology systems!
Alexas, Google homes… who doesn’t own a ‘Siri’ device, right?
Let’s look at the best new home security tech gadgets for 2023. We know you’ll want them!
10 of the Best New Home Security Gadgets of 2023
We don’t do anything halfway.
We’ve collected a list of not one or two, but ten home security gadgets.
In no particular order, here they are!
- Smart Door Locks: Smart door locks allow you to lock and unlock your doors from anywhere using your smartphone or a smart home device. A simple app will help you double-check if you locked that door, and allows you to open the door for the nanny, grandparents, a delivery person or a contract, to name a few examples. No more leaving a key under the mat!
- Smart Alarms: Smart alarms are connected to your home security system and can alert you when there’s any unusual activity in your home. You will know immediately if someone is trying to enter your home, and precious time is saved! With a quick response, you could potentially avert a disastrous outcome!
- Video Doorbells: Video doorbells let you see who’s at your door and communicate with them even when you’re not at home. While these aren’t new, they are more popular each and every day. The best part – anyone can operate the bell and as more and more of these have been installed, people have saved lives by using these video doorbells to alert neighbors to danger. (fire, break-ins)
- Home Automation Hubs: Home automation hubs let you control all your smart home devices from a single app or device. Now that’s not new either, but at least more of our customers are asking for this. We’ve been using Zwave for years to connect all devices in one home.
- Smart Lights: Smart lights can be programmed to turn on and off at specific times, making it seem like someone is home even when you’re not. No more clunky plugin timers, no more trying to ‘set’ a failed timer. Automate this with an app!
- Indoor Security Cameras: Indoor security cameras provide live footage of what’s happening inside your home, giving you peace of mind when you’re away, and when those you love are at home. Teenagers, elderly parents, the nanny, a housecleaner. With indoor security cameras, you have a direct view of what’s happening in real time.
- Outdoor Security Cameras: Outdoor security cameras let you monitor the outside of your home, deterring intruders and helping you keep an eye on your property. If you have outdoor pets, a pool or trampoline, or kids who like to play outside, outdoor security cameras are a must.
- Motion Sensors: Motion sensors can detect any movement in your home and alert you when there’s any unusual activity, this is especially great for those families who have teenagers who might like to sneak out, or families who have a sleepwalker!
- Glass Break Detectors: Glass break detectors can detect the sound of breaking glass and alert you if someone breaks into your home. How cool is this new technology? We think this is one of the collect and most innovative new tech gadgets of 2023!
- Smoke Detectors: Smart smoke detectors can send alerts to your phone if they detect smoke or fire in your home, giving you an early warning to evacuate; time is of the essence in case of an emergency! The sooner the fire department is on the scene, the more of your home (and lives) can be saved!
Smarthomes in South Carolina. Pick your Service Provider Carefully!
We encourage you to vet your service provider carefully. We’ve been installing smarthomes for many years and work with the best brands. If you are looking for the best brands, the best service at the best pricing and like supporting locally owned and locally operated small businesses… we are it!
Give us a call today and let’s figure out how we can help you.