This past Thursday Strand Security of Murrells Inlet and Maryland celebrated its fifth anniversary by holding an Open House and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at their new showroom.
Fully Licensed & Insured Strand Security believes in making our world safer and more secure one customer at a time. We have an unrelenting focus on providing excellent customer service, innovative products, competitive rates and a proficient service team. We know that in today’s market, it’s vital to know our customers personally and offer accessibility by making their security needs our first priority. We exceed expectations with a professional, productive team that is always ready to go above and beyond. Your Security, is Our Business when you choose Strand Security to protect your home or business.
We are proud to show off some of the pictures of our Open House.
The balloon and flowers made it festive!
We had wonderful visitors to our Open House. There we many Chamber of Commerce members!
Corina, our sales representative helped us host this event!
The moment before the ribbon was cut!
And then there was cake, lots of cake!
Your hosts, Chuck and Heather Bryant!
We all like to believe we know exactly what we would do if a fire were to occur in our home.
However, when panic sets in will you be as prepared as you once thought you were? Fires double in size every 60 seconds, so it is imperative to try to stay calm. Panic can lead to clouded judgement, which in turn can lead to chaos. The best way to keep from panicking is to be prepared.
This can be done by doing the following three things:
If you want to know more statistics on home fires, check out this source, 4052 civilian home fire fatalities reported by U.S. news media between January 1, 2014 and September 15, 2015.
We at Strand Security want to make sure the people of Myrtle Beach are safe and sound. The following will outline several tips on how to protect your family in case of a house fire.
Did you know:
Here are a few tips about smoke alarms:
● Keep your smoke alarm up to date. It is a good plan to replace all smoke alarm batteries once a year. To make it easy to remember, perhaps do them all at the same time. Also, did you know that smoke alarms have a shelf life and may not work as well over time, they lose sensitivity. It is a good idea to change your smoke alarms every 8 to 10 years but be sure to check them monthly.
● Smoke alarms need to be placed in every room on every level of the house.
● Having a smoke alarm system that is hard wired and monitored is your best protection in case of fire!
● Practice fire drills often. The more practice, the less panic.
● Do not only conduct fire drills during the day, but every once in a while conduct them at night while everyone is sleeping.
● Draw a floor plan.
● Practice your exit strategy from each room of the house. Escape ladders are important for second story homes.
● Sound your smoke alarm to begin the drill.
● Exit the house as fast as possible.
● Go to your meeting spot outside.
Other important things to remember:
● Plan two ways of escape from every room, the door or perhaps the window if necessary.
● Make sure all windows and doors are clear from obstructions and open properly.
● Stay low to the ground to avoid smoke. The smoke will be black and it will be hard for you to see.
● Always check closed doors for heat by touching the door handle before opening, if hot then place a towel under the door and use a window.
● Do not call 911 from inside the house, call outside or at a neighbor’s house. You may only have up to two minutes to get out of your house.
● Pick an outdoor meeting spot, make sure you let the fire department know everyone is out and safe.
● Once you are out, stay out. You may be lucky you got out the first time but not so lucky the second.
Knowledge and prevention!
Use caution when…
● Smoking: you can greatly reduce the risk of fire by smoking outside.
● Lighting Candles: never leave an open flame unattended, you may opt for battery operated candles instead.
● Cooking: do not leave the kitchen unattended while preparing a meal.
● Heating: space heaters need to be secured in an upright position. Make sure they can not be knocked over by pets or children.
● Electrical Malfunction: older, overused or faulty appliances may lead to a fire.
Related article: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Practice, prevention and knowledge can go along way when it comes to your safety. With the above tools you are on your way to protecting yourself and your family from a house fire.
We are having an anniversary celebration and you get to eat cake! How cool is that?
Five years ago we set out on an adventure and here we are; Strand Security in South Carolina (Myrtle Beach – Grand Strand area) and Maryland!
Where did the time go?
We set out the be the best security company around with the best customer service and the best pricing and we feel we’ve accomplished that in the five years we’ve ben in business, both in Maryland and in Myrtle Beach. However, the best is yet to come as we are constantly adding new services for our customers, we just launched our monthly newsletter and we recently joined the Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce!
Here is a very special invite to our Ribbon Cutting and Grand Opening Open House on September 24!
We’d love to see you on September 24!
Here is a (partial) list of the things we offer:
We are very proud and excited to share with you that we at Strand Security have ‘adopted’ St. Christopher’s Children’s as our charity to support!
Please watch this video about St. Christopher’s Children’s first! It will touch your heart as it did ours!
No child should have to live without shoes, socks, a toothbrush or basic dental and healthcare! St. Christopher’s Children’s gives hope and much needed support to these shadow children of Georgetown County and we will be helping them in that mission!
Heather of Strand Security recently went and visited their resale store in Pawleys Island to get the scoop on how the St. Christopher’s Resale Shop contribute to this mission of helping the children of Georgetown County. She also wanted to know how we (and you) can help!
Watch this short video of her visit, where she meets with Kathy of St. Christopher’s Children’s.
While visiting the Resale Shop Kathy told Heather:
We are dedicated to helping children in 14 Georgetown county schools.
All money is used to buy clothes for the children.
It’s done anonymously with the help of the school nurse who will fax their needs to us.
Volunteers then go to Walmart and buy the kids new clothing!
We also have an orthodontist who provides services to children in extreme cases (20 students were helped last year)
We also help kids get eye glasses!
The store is staffed by volunteers and we have wonderful treasures.
There are many ways you can help; some are small, some are big, but please know that whatever it is you give; donations of time, money or items, a child will be helped because of it!
Here are a few ways you can get involved!
Many of us shop online for our family. Here is the easiest way to donate to St. Christopher’s! Sing up TODAY.
St. Christopher’s Children is now registered with Amazon Smile. This means that whenever you purchase anything through Amazon by clicking on this link, 1/2 percent of your purchase will be donated directly to St. Christopher’s Children. It’s a great opportunity to help St. Christopher’s Children just by shopping on Amazon.com!
Or you may click on this link to get you to their website to make a monetary donation using PayPal! Every $ counts!
We will keep you updated on our involvement with St. Christopher’s Children’s!
The Strand Security Team