3 Ways Camera Surveillance Protects Your Small Business
How Are You Protecting Your Business Investments?
As small business owners in Myrtle Beach, we know first-hand that start up costs for a business are nothing to laugh about! You will spend money on all sorts of things you couldn’t have imagined, unless you’d owned a business before, and many first-timers are surprised by bills they just didn’t expect.
However, now that you are a small business owner and you’ve invested money, time and effort into getting a business off the ground, how are you protecting that investment?
Really… how are you doing it?
- Do you have an alarm system?
- Do you have good locks?
- Do you do background checks on your employees?
- Do you have security cameras?
If you do not have any of these safety features to safeguard your investment, you run the risk of losing it all! Now that’s something none of us want, right?
How Can Cameras Help Protect Your Small Business?
“Cameras are your extra set of eyes when you aren’t able to be in 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 places all at once!” Even if you are a very hands-on business owner who works hard and is involved in the daily workings of your business, there are times you need to step away from the showroom, the store or the office. You also need to sleep, we assume.
Having surveillance cameras set up to monitor your business makes great ‘cents’.
How does having a camera surveillance system protect your business investment?
Here are three ways you can protect your small business:
- Monitor customers – This is especially true if you own a store, showroom or restaurant. By having cameras installed, not only can you monitor your customers’ behavior (theft prevention), you can also protect yourself from any (potential) lawsuits by having video proof of unfortunate events, if that ever were to happen.
- Monitor staff – The same way your use cameras to monitor your customers, you can also use surveillance cameras to monitor your own staff! In a town like Myrtle Beach, there are a lot of seasonal jobs available. Many small business owners rely on seasonal staff who might just be looking for short-term employment. It will be imperative to monitor newly hired recruits for theft and proper, professional conduct. If you suspect an employee of theft, surveillance tapes can offer the proof to help prosecute and convict them.
- Monitor your property – We know business owners need sleep. You can’t be at your place of business 24/7, even if you live where you work, you still need to meet with suppliers, customers and go out every once in a while. With installed cameras, you can monitor from afar and see happens when you aren’t there. Lots of things can happen and do. Break-ins, fires, vandalism, and more.
Protect Before You Regret!
Don’t delay in installing a security system, if you do not currently have one. If you do have a system, but without cameras, consider upgrading ASAP. We talk to our customers often, and we KNOW having cameras installed, and security signs displayed, can actually prevent unpleasant events!